Thursday, February 25, 2016

Dug In


This is the first of the completed French artillery teams!  I wanted to test out some things with the foliage, so I began with one of the less complicated basings.  

The green leaf foliage is from Hangar 18 miniatures, which is normally intended to be more of an ivy.  However, at 1/100 scale, it looks like full sized leaves!


That's the ironic challenge here.  Most of my foliage is designed for 28mm or larger figures, so I knew this scale could potentially restrict my choices.  The grass tufts are from Gamers Grass at Kings Hobbies and Games.  


There is a brand new product from Gamers Grass that will be perfect for this scale.  They will look like large bushes or even saplings when added to some of my finer tree branches.  I can't wait to try those!


Much more to come!  I am painting up a number of these, including a few with the ruined buildings, so stay tuned!


2 comments:

  1. The beauty of fractal patterns like grass, leaves or rocks - you can scale them to almost any size and they still look natural.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed! That's been quite interesting to see :-)

      Delete