Sunday, January 18, 2015

Seeing stars...


Here is one of my all time favorites!  He was also really handy in our games :-)  Master of the Heavens, chucker of Comets... Baby Babo himself!

Otherwise known as Tette-ekko.  The ultimate skink priest.

I sculpted the entire thing from sculpey and various Lizardman bits.


Here's a post on the construction:


I had so much fun painting this!  I loved painting the sun on the back panel.


Plenty of constellations, as Baby Babo is the Master of Skies.


And on a few different backdrops.


8 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, great work on the back panel in particular. While 2D, there is almost a 3D like effect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks! I tried to build up the texture of that area by mottelling the brush strokes on the surface of the star :-)

      Delete
  2. Your free hand work is just staggering. Good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I just wish that I had known about fluorescent paints at the time...

      Delete
  3. This is one of miniatures painted by You which I like most. Great piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It really was a favorite of mine to paint... I waited years to make that :-)

      Delete