Sunday, July 27, 2014

Can't ride the rails without rails!


SO, that huge Wild West Exodus siege train had one more huge element that you haven't seen yet.  Rails!  Five sections, in fact.


Hard to "ride the rails" without 'em!


Just like any other Shaded Basecoat phase, the idea is to work lighter, and glaze/tint later.


So, I kept working progressively lighter and lighter, although I did switch the colors a bit in various areas, mostly so I would have an indicator for when it was time to do the glazes which way I wanted to shift the hues.


Almost there!


The ground areas are done... now I just need to do something similar to the actual rails.


As you can see, the rails themselves have more shape to them. Ready for glazing!


I put an array of glazing colors out on my "palletes".  Yes, those are Dvd holders.  I have dozens of them around the house now after burning a few thousand disks!

There were Secret Weapon washes, Vallejo glazes, Reaper liner paints, and all the usual suspects.


I think you can see in this shot how I tried to let the colors blend together... sometimes green mixing with reds or tans freely, lighter or much darker in places.  

Weathering will be added to all of it later, so once again, I have to think a few moves ahead.


Here's a comparison to one section that has not gotten any of these glazes yet.


With the darker glazes added to the ground, it was time to hit the rails with their glazes!


For the rails, I used mostly the blue and black combos.  I did toss in a little of the Secret Weapon concrete wash, since that is semi opaque, and added a neat effect.

Next up, rust and dust!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment