Saturday, November 30, 2013

More flying...


Hey, I finally finished one of the riders for a Griffon!  As you know, these CoolMiniorNot Griffons were used for one of the painting videos.  


The rider is not the easiest thing to work out, unlike the bird lion, which is why I only used that portion for the video.  It can look very neat once it's all together, however!


I painted it in some classic High Elf colors.  I thought the blue would be a nice contrast to all the oranges and golds.


I adjusted the banner so that the pole would be as close to the wing edge as possible.  This gives it some extra support, which is a good thing.


Overall, it is my favorite of all the mounted critters from CMON.


Here are some closer shots of the rider.  I tried to reflect a bit of the blue from the robe onto his helmet for fun!


4 comments:

  1. I love how the cool blue and warm oranges work together. This is a beautiful piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have any tips on how to avoid getting burnt out from painting?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hunger and homelessness mean that choice is not part of the lexicon on the 13-18 hour days :-)

    Aside from that, I learn something new on every single figure that I paint. Sometimes minute and insignificant, but there are also times that it completely changes my approach to painting. Such massive breakthroughs lead to more breakthroughs, which means that you are constantly elevating your techniques.

    There is nothing more satisfying than that! It only comes with persistence that lasts for many years. If you are willing to go through all those tough times, you will rise above those who are not. You are ultimately rewarded for all those efforts, one way or another :-)

    ReplyDelete