Sunday, September 8, 2013

What you see, and what you don't see!


I meant to put this up about 6 hours ago... somehow that didn't happen!  My apologies.

Here you see a collection of miniatures that you might recognize.  Yes, these are the miniatures that were painted for the kickstarter videos.


It was so difficult to put them all in one place, it required an entire 30 x 40 inch piece of matboard!!!


I am not sure what is scarier... the fact that this does not represent all the figures I actually prepped and even painted, or the fact that there are NO bases or terrain pieces in this image!  Those will come during the week.


For nearly every figure you see in this image, there are one or two more that I prepped, based, primed, and even painted.  That is when I was still trying to find out which figure might work best for a given technique, etc.


It took hours to set up these shots and then take the pics, etc.  That's how many there were!  I was trying to reorganize them, since many of these will be part of an auction series on ebay in the next few weeks.


As I have mentioned before, the plan all along was to do something like that to secure additional equipment.  Obviously, there was going to be a whole bunch of minis once this was done.

While I will be bummed to see some of them go, the equipment is definitely needed.  Some of these are not very practical in terms of shipping, so those won't be included.  The vehicles will be incorporated into my Sisters/Imperial Guard army for next year's Adepticon.


It was quite the journey painting all of these.  I learned quite a lot, and I hope that you will be able to learn a few tips as well! :-)


I refined a number of my techniques, and I even developed a few along the way.


Every time I look at these images, I am stunned at just how much there was!  Many thanks to Raging Hereoes, Reaper, Secret Weapon miniatures, Cool Mini or Not, Ultraforge, and so many more!  Thanks to Caius and Mark for supporting the latest effort... to Rich and Marty, Chad, Domus and so many more.


I am still working 12-18 hours a day on this project, if you can believe that.  When you ponder this horde (and the two additonal batches of Terrain and Bases), I guess one should not be surprised.


More on the way!!!!!!


8 comments:

  1. I have no words! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks! It is odd to be so shocked and so pleased at the same time! ;-)

      Delete
  2. James, congratulations on your work. I sadly did not support your kick-starter but I simply cannot wait to purchase this DVD set. It's truly inspiring what you are doing. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks for the kind words! They are much appreciated. I know I have learned a lot making them. :-)

      Delete
  3. That's a huge, gorgeous collection.

    Are you planning on selling any of the giant birds, or are those among the "too difficult to ship" category?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The birds are OK. They are quite solid... The big fairy type creatures would be a little more difficult to ship. Even those are pretty strong, but it's better safe than sorry :-) One of the Griffons is spoken for, but I will be putting at least one owl and osprey on ebay!

      Delete
  4. Great collection James! They are absolutely stunning and the quality really speaks for itself. You should be very proud! I hope the DVD set will be available soon as I can't wait to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks! It's all about the rendering and what the computers can handle :-) This takes an incredible amount of resources!!!

      Delete