Friday, July 19, 2013

There's a first time for everything!


As you already know from my previous posts on these bikes, I have never even painted the regular bikes, much less the Forgeworld versions.  So, there is a learning curve!

Here are some WIP images of the first bike.  What made these even more of a challenge was the color scheme, since it was White Scars!  That meant a bit of a change from my normal approach.


Fortunately, when I worked on the Pre Heresy White Scars infantry, I introduced a little more red.  I thought that it really needed such an accent.

With the first bike completed, I am even more glad I chose that route.  I will post the finished images tomorrow.


The bases were nice, as usual, since they are from Dragonforge Designs!


2 comments:

  1. I wasn't really excited for this project (or the model) until I saw your paintjob. It looks excellent (even for you). There is something about it that mixes a gritty look with an anime influence or almost like an illustration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We shall see what these bikes yield as a painting experience :-)

      Delete