Monday, April 15, 2013

Every ride needs a crew... and horsies.



As I was working on the bases and movement tray for the chariots, I needed to work on the chariots themselves.  

One of the chariots was originally intended for a Tomb Prince, so I needed to paint up a whole new crew for that one.  Also, a second chariot had a partially painted crew.  

The first chariot unit that I wanted to make had 8 chariots.  I realized right away that it was not going to work at all, so I abandoned it.  I even took some of the chariots that were going to be used for this unit and converted them into my Khandish Axles of Evil (you can see the blog posts on how that was done in the LOTR section).


Anyway, I also needed to paint up some of the horses.  You can see that they were converted quite a bit.  I sculpted all the blankets out of green stuff with tin foil backing.  Here is a post from last year on the chariots, when it was a unit of six: http://wappellious.blogspot.com/2012/07/rolling-on-chariots-work-in-progress.html


Here's one of the chariots and the horses just about finished...


Now to get into the crew.  There was another chariot crew that needed a lot of painting as well.


This image shows the crew that is replacing the Tomb Prince...


Some more work in progress shots...



I'll post the images of the finished chariot unit tomorrow!!  Stay tuned.







4 comments:

  1. Dear Mr. Wappel,

    I beg before you on my knees, please please please PULEEEZEEE stop with these magnificent miniatures! From the first time I laid eyes on them at Gamesday I have loved them (yes I did vote for them in the best of army - not ashamed to admit that either). Every time you show them you grab into my soul (let's not forget wallet) to re-create your work of art.

    Such beautiful preciouses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He He... it is all part of the evil plan to take over the world via miniature painting!!

      Delete
  2. Looking good. I like the colour scheme you're using too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was a huge experiment in new colors last year...

      Delete