OK, not many people will get that Palmolive reference, but here we go. Another Nurgly base!
This was another experiment with the super light colors and crazy ink/glaze later.
Starting with the lighter colors...
Setting out the inks and glazes. Some black, some green, sepia and the Secret Weapon Concrete on the far left of the palette.
You can see that I have started watering down the inks and mixing stuff together. Mixing the sepia and black made a very nice warm dark!
I did a few layers of this, focusing the darkest inks and such in the crevices, while I used some of the sepia and concrete mix on the stained marble section.
I painted in the Nurgle design. The idea here was to have the darker, cooler color underneath the lighter, warmer colored skull. You must have dark to have light, and vice-versa!
Now it was time to make sure the liquid swampy areas had some shading and color...
Once I have my colors set on the swampy part, I put a layer of gloss varnish over that.
While that initial layer of gloss coat was still dry, I mixed in the fluorescent yellow with it and made things look really toxic!!!
Almost done! Finished pics later...