OK! Working on another Venom. Just as I did with the Razorwing, I tried to paint this guy with as much stuff un assembled as possible.
It is certainly much easier to paint the cockpit and pilot this way! Obviously the banner was not attached either.
What surprised me was how much easier it was to paint the crackling lava freehand with just the upper skin of the vehicle. I will post those images later tonight.
Here are some views of the cockpit and the magnetized splinter cannon.
The base, made from backed sculpey...
And the whole thing together. From this point on, it was mostly freehand and then assembly!