Friday, January 25, 2013

Finished terrain pieces...



While I could not locate my camera at first (mostly while I was painting the terrain pieces), I did manage to find it in time to shoot some pictures of the terrain pieces for the Dragon Shoppe's tables!

Here you can see the whole  batch, not long after some flock was applied.


Hills and rocks, and a few monuments



I love making these standing stones, since they use 'junk' pieces of foam that you would normally chuck in the garbage!!!


Here's the standing stones and the monuments together...


And our monuments...



Kevin and I had a great chat about how certain principles of composition were applied to the making of these terrain pieces.  For instance, there is a variation on the 'edges' of the hills, as in hard and soft edges.  The soft edges let you easily walk up the hill, while the 'hard' edges create dangerous cliffs!  These areas also have the highest light to dark contrast... just like a 2D painting...

This will all be part of the painting video kickstarter:


No comments:

Post a Comment