More from the archive today. We start out with some finished images of that Plague Hulk, with views from above.
You can see the dramatic difference all the glazing and darker shading made. That stage is not the end of the story, of course, as it still took many hours to go back into the middle tones and lighter areas.
This is to create even more color variations. For instance, the teal color on the torso was mostly added at this point. I make lots of adjustments like this as I paint any miniature, but especially on figures such as these.
To strengthen the joints where the legs met the main body, I used the oxide paste to fill in any gaps, and to add an extra layer of support. It was fortunate that this was a Nurgle piece, since the oxide paste was used in other areas to balance it out.
I did use some weathering powders for rust and soot. Once that was dullcoated, I used some 'ardcoat on a few glistening areas.
Giant pieces such as this represent all sorts of challenges. It does help develop techniques that much faster. :-)
I will be posting more finished images as the day moves along! Stay tuned...