OK... here are some views of the completed Gwaihir! For those who don't know, I have a few work in progress posts that show how I converted this piece as well as painting process.
Since the last WIP post, I worked mostly on the highlights. I also did some more work on the darkest darks.
The base got a lot of work, as I tried to finish off the casualties and the rocks.
The balance of warm and cool colors also played out with the highlights, and with those deepest darks. I mixed a deep terracotta color with a black to line the edges of the feathers where the lights were cooler, and the opposite with the warm lights.
I did decide to toss in some bloodstains on the rocks, the casualties. There was also a little bit on the eagle's talons.