When it was pointed out to me a few days ago that I had messed up my Easterling / Khand roster by putting in 2 extra and unwanted war drums, I had some serious reworking at hand! Unfortunately, time was not on my side. Also, I could only add what I had available in terms of miniatures.
In the end, I subtracted an infantry, took the 30 war drum points and added a Kataphract with a banner. The ruling on the Khandish King's banner meant that I was giving up 2 Victory points no matter what. This would give me a highly mobile banner that could keep up with the rest of the Mad Max road warriors. I also saw it as more survivable from shooting, since you might only get the horse, Even if you did, once on foot, he could pass that banner to someone else in base contact with him.
I had one unused Kataphract, but he needed a banner.
There was not way I was going to use that giant metal hunk that GW called a 'banner', so I set about making my own, First, I used a Tomb King halberd...
Then I used my tin foil and green stuff technique to create the actual banner. The tin foil would support the flowing green stuff until it cured. Once it did, I could attach it to the banner pole.
The two halves of the banner pole were pinned together to the hand, making it ready for the banner...
Now it is ready for painting! This is going to be in a red color scheme, as I did not have the points to do the Black Dragon upgrade. Besides, He's already at a -1 n his to hit rolls because of the banner. Stay tuned for the painted images!!