Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Using the Shaded Basecoat on a converted Vostroyan

Photobucket

This set of images illsutrates me using the "shaded basecoat" technique on an Imperial Guard conversion.

First, the conversion itself...

Photobucket

And now to stage one of the painting.  This is the same process of starting out with a middle tone and working much lighter, in order to set up my darker glazes and shading.  The colors were very basic.  Since the darker shading allows me to tint them to any shade I require, there is not as much need to worry to use the "right" color from the start.

Photobucket

Here is the base, made with baked sculpey clay:

Photobucket

Once those lighter colors had been established, it was time to get to the glazing!  You can see the big difference in the darks, and the introduction of the blues and purples here and there...

Photobucket

Tomorrow I will be posting the finished images of this piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment