Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A very different Dreadnought close combat weapn (at least for me)

Photobucket

Here's another Angels Solaris Dreadnought.  This one had a close combat weapon.  It was not like any other CCW I have painted, so that was fun!

Since every one of the Angels Solaris dreadnoughts was so different from each other, it made figuring out where the color transitions should go a bit of a challenge!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The most difficult aspect of the Half Dozen dreadnoughts for this chapter was making the weapon arms "transferable" across plastic and Forgeworld.  I had to do some fancy magnetizing .:-)

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Nice work jim. why dont you enter your angels into a competition one day once you are (ever) finished. I think they would do very well considering the hard colour transitions and free hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alas, these guys are not my army, so they are all far away from here. However, I have entered my other armies in Golden Dmeons, Rogue Demons, tournaments, etc., and come away with some handfuls of hardware. :-) I have had the thought of creating an "Awars Page" for the blog.

      I just need the time to do that! :-)

      Delete
    2. Oh man i forgot about that! Sorry. I wish I would have the patience to paint up a comission army like that. Great work!

      Delete
  2. This is one of those paintjobs that takes my breath. That is my favorite color and it's done so masterfully. Thanks for sharing your skill with the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's always nice to hear kind words on the Dreads!!

      Delete