Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Viking Longhouse diorama

Actually, this was made around the time of the Two Towers movies... with obvious influences!

Like all of the dioramas I made at this time, it was constructed entirely of sculpey.  If I were to make this again, I have a host of newer, lighter materials which I could use.  It would take me a fraction of the time to make this same thing today.

I did enjoy making all these dioramas.  I must have at least 10 more of these to post :-)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Yes, there is a miniature on the diorama :-)  Here is a close up!

Photobucket

And a glory shot:

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Lovely... need to build a few Viking buildings soon, too. I guess I will definately borrow from this one. Very inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome work! This is very clean paintwork!

    Greetings
    Peter
    http://peterscave.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I definitely like the foam core/flex paste combos more these days, since it is a whole lot lighter!

    When I need a texture that requires sculpey, I try to make thin sheets of it, and carve a texture which can be glued to the lighter foam core walls. It is also a lot cheaper this way!

    ReplyDelete