Sunday, May 27, 2012

Slaneesh Chaos 40K Hell Talon (no flying base)

This was a very fun piece that I painted for a buyer who just needed the vehicle itself painted. That's why I don't have pictures of this thing sitting on a flying base :-)  I really enjoyed the freehand designs to give it that Slaneeshy kinda look!

I also have it up on CMON, so all loyal Wappellians can cast their votes here:
http://www.coolminiornot.com/306675

Photobucket

I think this vehicle forced me to develop some new technique that I use on a regular basis today.  I don't know if the photos of some of the metal areas show the variations or not.  It was one of the first times where I used a whole rainbow of grayish colors on my metal surfaces, rather than carrying the same shade all across the piece.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments: