Thursday, April 26, 2012

Scratch Sculpted Seraphim and Sisters

This was a bit of an exotic project.  I was given some concept drawings (shown below), and instructed to make sculpted Sisters and Seraphim.  The current metal ones are OK in a pinch, but just don't really have the "wow".

So, here are some of them, sculpted and painted...

Photobucket

Some group shots...
Photobucket

Photobucket

This was my test figure for the regular sisters:
Photobucket

And for the Seraphim:
Photobucket

This is the concept art:
Photobucket

And then the rest of the pictures...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This shot shoes the base pretty well:
Photobucket

Should they ever get a real codex not written by a certain individual, I will have to sculpt many more for myself!

4 comments:

  1. Why didn't you save the masters and make casts? I'm sure Trollforged would have produced them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sculpts, and ADORE the paintwork! but, I am hopefully and eagerly long awaiting the release of the new Sisters of Battle (if they EVER come!), and so I must comment that I find your sculpts not nearly as feminine as I would like them to be. Also, I find it a pity that they do not have their robes anymore. And although helmets are good for ordinary footsoldiers, one way to make female models more feminine is to have them show their faces, their flowing hairs and what not. Mind though, this is no critisism to your sculpting, but maybe more towards the concept artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with MasterSlowPoke. I would have bought some of these for sure. Some of the poses are a little more static than others, though, but for the most part, they really shine. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. holy amazing, batman, I dunno what you charged but whatever it was was not enough. glad I found this page

    ReplyDelete