Tuesday, July 17, 2018

A Banner Day


Each time I look back at the images of these Chaos Warrior figures, it really intrigues me to think how old these figures are, and that I am using my latest techniques and materials on them :-)  


As most of you already know, this was a large batch of figures, and most of the painting was done with oils... a combination of the Windsor & Newton oil paints and the Mig Ammo Oilbrushers.


Here's a link to a typical painting session with those oils:



Each one of these has had a slightly different set of colors put into the metal areas, mostly purples and greens in various combinations.  In the last post about the unit, I went into more detail about how that purple/green mix can create some interesting looking "gray" tones!


No comments:

Post a Comment