Wednesday, April 18, 2018

The Gun


It was certainly a brand new experience painting Games Workshop figures in oil paints!  Until then, I had used them mostly on larger scale resin figures, or historical vehicles and minis.

Those were primarily earth tones, muted browns and greens, and so on... which made the brighter colors and steel of these figs something brand new with this medium.

Since these were painted, I have discovered some metallic oil paints which I would like to experiment with!  In the meantime, you can see how I approached painting the Clan Escher figures with the oil paints in this Facebook Live session.

Here's a link:



I have a new series of unit painting videos using oils coming up, this time using the new Games Workshop Dark Elf figures.  These will show how to paint the skin tones on both the Harpies and Medusa!

They will be available to the patrons on my Patreon Page:



No comments:

Post a Comment