Thursday, June 22, 2017

Feel the Heat


This addition to the massive Imperial Fists army gave me a chance to test out a few new things... the addition of weathering powders (I didn't have those years ago when I last painted the old dreads), and the Secret Weapon "Heat" paints.


This guy was painted to match a number of previously painted Imperial Fists vehicles from years past.

Here's a link to some of the older stuff:




It had been so long, I had to go back through the blog to find the images and get a sense of what they really looked like. :-)


The view from above shows how much heftier this is than those old plastic dreadnoughts.


Ground level!


And then a few peeks at those Secret Weapon Miniatures "Heat" paints.  They are even more fun on metallic paints.  They are very translucent, but still highly saturated.  I have started using these with my fluorescent paints to create Object Source Lighting, because they have a very similar consistency.


2 comments: