Monday, April 24, 2017

Second Skin



You have already seen the review of the Rubicon Models Panzer 3 kit, and now it's time for the painted images!!  I thought it might be interesting to add this to my Hungarian army, with a camo scheme and identity markings that are different from what I have seen so many times.


It is also the first time that I have had a chance to paint one of the classic extra armor versions!


Those obviously create a lot of interesting weathering opportunities.  Lots of fun streaks, scratches, spatters and so on!  Here's a link to the live painting video on facebook:



I was able to put in lots of the dried leaves and dust, using the Green Stuff World leaf punch.

Here's part two:



Now for the really interesting part... the removable extra armor!  Yes, it all just snaps on, which means that you can completely change the look of the vehicle, or match your Bolt Action list!


A few more views show how that transforms completely.  Even better, they don't tear away at the paint when you remove them!


The 'regular' version, minus the extra armor.  I was able to do all the fun weathering on these sections of the vehicle too.


Here's a review of the original kit:



I used a variety of products on this, such as regular oil paints out of the tube, Wilder oil paints, and plenty of Mig AMMO products.


The first unit of the Hungarian army is ready for combat!!


2 comments:

  1. Nice! It's very adaptable. I'd like to find out more about the Hungarian army in Russia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think they were mostly wiped out near Stalingrad, as were the Italians.

      Delete