Friday, April 28, 2017

Fire Support


Little Wars begins today!  I will be painting these Norwegian troops (28mm for Bolt Action) as well as the French Foreign Legion.  I enjoy painting both of these armies, since they are so different in appearance from the forces which I have been working on.


The Norwegians in particular have a unique look, even though the color is green.  


I know that for game purposes people tend to separate the machine gun team figures like this, but I enjoy creating these "mini dioramas" or vignettes.


The snow was done using the usual Secret Weapon Miniatures crushed glass technique.  This is very handy for creating a variety in the snow, such as a more melted look.  While other materials imitate fresh fallen snow very well, you can't have the range of partially melted to frozen solid!



No comments:

Post a Comment