Saturday, January 21, 2017

Gorgon of the North


Next up from Gorgon Studios is the Norwegian army.  Just like all the early war forces in their selections, there is a full compliment of officers, gear, etc.


These figures are sculpted by the same artist who does the Artizan Designs sculpts, so you will see a lot of similarities in the style. They are easy to clean, and there is plenty of nice detail on each figure.


I found some rather humorous reference sources in a Google Search...


But here's a live source!  I will have to balance the two sources...


As I usually do, I will vary the colors on each figure, with some greens being darker or warmer, giving them the appearance of more or less worn uniforms.


Figuring out where to place the red stripes was interesting, but that is a wonderful contrast to all the green, and it makes them distinct from other armies that I am currently working on.


As for the bases, the snow will be less heavy on these forces. In fact, I want it to seem partially melted, which is possible to do with the crushed glass method.  I didn't want this to be the dead of Arctic winter, but more like the alpine snow which is still around even when the temps are well above freezing.


This is just the first of the defenders of Norway, so stay tuned for much more!!!


6 comments:

  1. Those are nice. I can see that fold-down headgear would be of great use at times. The early-war armies have a lot of appeal to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These guys will be a lot of fun! I'm also going to be using oil paints on some of the rest as well!

      Delete
  2. Those are awesome man!!!!!!
    One thing the pleat in that guys pants are so sharp they were known to use them as weapons lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deadly pleats! Let them climb up on a tank and slice through that armor with their pockets! :-)

      Delete
  3. A great little range of miniatures and will be watching this closely. Great paint job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks! I am hoping to use some of their early war Germans and Brits as well. A lot of flavor, and some nice possibilities for campaigns!

      Delete