Thursday, May 26, 2016

Shining Blades


This was originally painted for my Galadhrim Elf army, serving as my overall Captain.


I had a lot of fun painting the various muted tones on the face, and seeing how many colors I could reflect onto the shiny swords!


These types of flowing, curved weapons present many options, but also challenges.  The blades were held at such an angle that they picked up the cloak, the ground, sky, and more.  Add in the curved surfaces, and there was a lot to work out!!


He's also here:



2 comments:

  1. Do you happen to have a video painting the swords or similar?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Painting Pyramid series of videos covers a great deal of topics, with 4 different NMM videos. Standard Non-Metallic and the Sky-Earth NMM video would each cover that. There are 53 videos in all, each is 100 minutes long.

      Delete