Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Touchdown!


This very happy guy is a score marker for the Samurai Orc Blood Bowl team.  It seemed to be very appropriate, on many levels!

It was a resin figurine that someone had given me.  His hand was broken, but I was able to fix that.  I decided to paint him like a stone statue (the original paint was a flat gold).


As usual, I tried to vary the colors as much as possible, in particular over the broad open surfaces.  The cracks were put in at the very end, because I thought it needed a few little touches to break up these areas.


As you can see, I tried to incorporate as many greens as possible to give it more of an aged look, as well as some staining.  The color choice was made when I primed the figure, mixing a few different colored primers together.  I loved the color which emerged so much, I decided to continue on in the direction that it set.


2 comments:

  1. I've wanted to have a go at one of these little Budai figures for a while, but could never find one that I liked/right size. Anyway you knocked this out of the park, it's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will have to scour Amazon to find another one for myself! :-)

      Delete