Monday, November 2, 2015

Prey of the Mantis


I have but a few of these Raging Heroes ladies remaining from the video project.  Each video took several figures, as I had to see if it would work for the lesson I wanted to teach, could it be finished in less than 88 minutes, color tests, practice figures, opening credits photos, and so on!


These were such fantastic miniatures, I used this as the subject of the Painting Purple/Demonette skin tones as part of the Painting Pyramid series.  This video, and all the other skin color videos are available at Kings Hobbies and Games:



She's also here:


7 comments:

  1. James, may I ask how you apply your brush on varnish? I was going to use some for the first time but I am afraid of the white/frosting effect that happens to some people... Thanks allot in advance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just brush it on, not terribly heavy. The brush on is far safer than the spray stuff. Unless it's 100 degrees where you are brushing it, that should never happen :-)

      Delete
  2. Will all of the videos eventually make it over to King's Hobbies? I was looking at the flesh tones set, but noticed that the skeleton and several other videos were missing. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that they will make it over at some point, but you can always drop me a line on facebook about them :-)

      Delete
    2. I'm not on Facebook. Any other methods? If not, it's OK, I'll wait for King's Hobbies.

      Delete
    3. You can send me a message at wappellious@gmail.com :-)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete