Sunday, October 26, 2014

The Big Boys


Lookie here... two of those Thanatars.


Yeah, a metric ton of resin :-)


Fun times with the freehand though!


The most dreaded pieces of the whole deal... the evil culprits... the ammo feeds.

Thank goodness I found out a while back that I can paint the resin, and then hit it with a heat gun to make it pliable.  That allowed me to stretch and bend that double feed in place.


Not sure what those big guns do, but it must be quite a bang!


It still shocks me just how big these are every time I see them.


Just imagine... that tiny figure is on a huge 60mm base, 'cause it's dreadnought size!!!


4 comments:

  1. Exceptionally cool looking trio.
    Never tried out a heat gun on resin, thank you for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been amazed at how well it's worked. It has not had any negative impact on the paint at all!

      Delete
  2. Oh mah gawd those things are massive! I didn't realise they were THAT much larger well done James they look fantastic one very happy customer I imagine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes... I will be taking another set of shots with regular infantry so you can see how truly huge they are :-)

      Delete