The the majority of the US tanks I am doing are meant for the Pacific Theater expansion of Memoir '44. I wanted to make some versions that had a bit more rust on them, as well as some foliage.
The rust bit was no problem, as there were many ways I could do that. The foliage would be a different challenge, since these things are really tiny.
I ended up using Army Painter poison ivy. It's a material I had already used on some infantry for the Pacific Theater.
As it turned out, it was not a bad size.
I was going to use some of my dried foliage, but that was just too large.
Here's a comparison to the last set of early war vehicles.
It's definitely interesting doing all these various experiments... I have learned quite a bit!!!