Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Island hopping


The the majority of the US tanks I am doing are meant for the Pacific Theater expansion of Memoir '44. I wanted to make some versions that had a bit more rust on them, as well as some foliage.


The rust bit was no problem, as there were many ways I could do that.  The foliage would be a different challenge, since these things are really tiny.


I ended up using Army Painter poison ivy.  It's a material I had already used on some infantry for the Pacific Theater.


As it turned out, it was not a bad size.


I was going to use some of my dried foliage, but that was just too large.


Here's a comparison to the last set of early war vehicles.


It's definitely interesting doing all these various experiments... I have learned quite a bit!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment