Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Forged in Fire


A few boxes of FireForged Games miniatures arrived last week.  Here is an unboxing post.

This set of Teutonic Knights contains 12 mounted figures, with options for full command, alternate heads, and so on.  The price is outstanding for what you get!

They can be found on sites such as the War Store for under $30, which is incredible.


Right out of the box.

Since the figures are part of their own game system, the bases are different from the usual cavalry bases.  However, if you are going to use them for another purpose, it's not terribly difficult to find or make the needed bases :-)


The sprues are well organized, and you get an instruction sheet as well.


Horse sprues.  They are slightly smaller than a certain other company, but they are well sculpted and very solid.  I can't wait to get some of these together and start painting.  Some surprises in store for you though. :-)


The second sprue of horses...


And the rider/weapon sprues.  There are a variety of different helmets, which is very cool!


Here's a close up of that sprue.  Again, plenty of different weapon options here.

Their site:


Here's the next box I will show you... stay tuned!


8 comments:

  1. Looks like we are going to see some more nice miniatures here soon then. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These figures will comprise the tzeentch tainted bretonnians in my new Adepticon army.

      Tons of conversions coming!

      Delete
    2. Not only I can´t wait to see you paint these nice miniatures, you also convert them - I think this is going to be fantastic!

      Delete
    3. Hehe... since it's going to be the continuation of the Tomb Kings story (and therebvy Tzeentchy), I think there will be lots of feathers, tentacles and eyeballs :-)

      Delete
  2. Fantastic really looking forward to seeing what you do with these guys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was thinking of doing one 'regular' figure from each kit before I did all the crazy conversion. :-)

      Delete
  3. I've love these models, and have a bunch of them. But I'm buried in Romans and Vikings and Chaos right at the moment. Look forward to see what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am also looking forward to the infantry... I think they will be equally as nice!

      Delete