Friday, June 6, 2014

Today we remember...


I thought it would be appropriate on this 70th anniversary of D-Day to post something I have never tried before... tiny planes!  This is an entirely different experience.


It requires a completely different mindset and approach.  As tiny as the Memoir 44 infantry is, this plane is even smaller!  Simply figuring out what all the little parts are can be a challenge in itself.


Some of you might also notice that I decided to sneak in some metallic paints!  Yes indeed.  I did that in a few ways... mixing in a blue/silver color with my bluish grays.  I also did a few transparent glazes of metallic in certain areas.


As you can see in these views, I attempted to make the silver facing the ground warmer, or more of an earth tone.  

It was a little bit difficult at first, I must admit, since I never work with metallic paints.  I have done so in this 'mixed' fashion.


A few more views... the next one will show you what I was trying to replicate.


And here we have it.  Now I can't wait for it to fly around and do some damage on the battlefield!!!


4 comments:

  1. That's a very nice job on the P38.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, I can't believe it is so small with such detail! Hope to see more of this.

    ReplyDelete