Thursday, May 1, 2014

Your in flight entertainment!


Breakfast lunch and dinner were all served at the airport as it was time to head back to Chicago!

Babo had ice cream... with cookies!!!  Blueberry had some Sesame Chicken.


On the way back, I had to sketch out an idea for a possible diorama for Reapercon next year.  I could not get my hands on my notebook, so the boarding pass had to do.


I was working out a few different ideas for a diorama using the Kristiana figure from the Warlord line.  #14212 I believe.


By the way, the passenger next to me was kind enough to furnish me with a pen, since all of mine were in my checked bag.


Two main ideas started to coalesce... but I was definitely leaning towards this concept.  I think it will be more practical and open.  There were some other annotations on the sides, as I attempted to come up with some freehand for the cloaks and such.


Fooled around with this for a while too...


The other possibility was to place her in front of an alcove.  I had done that once before on another diorama, but that felt too heavy and 'closed'.  I think I will save that for something else.

It was a little difficult to do much on the second leg of the flight, since the cabin was almost pitch black.

However, as we approached the spires of my hometown, I had to jot down a quick skyline! :-)


Once Cathy got me from the airport, all the Uglies had to find out how much fun it was to ride in the Reapercon swag bag!


IceBatMan meets Sally!


2 comments:

  1. It was good meeting James. Looking forward to what You'll do with the crackle medium we were talking about at Reapercon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a blast hammering out those ideas! I have told a lot of folks about our plan with those! :-)

      Delete