Saturday, April 19, 2014

A shout out for Reapercon


Here's one last Reaper mini before heading out to Reapercon!  This was an experiment in fluorescent paints.

I painted the first few layers of the figure with the cyan fluorescent paint mixed in.  The idea was to have it as an underlayer, with subsequent layers playing off of it.


I mixed some muted flesh tone colors in with the cyan, and it yielded some fun results.  The fluorescent paints are also semi-translucent, which I was counting on for the ghostly effect.

In a way, some of the flesh colors were suspended within the fluorescent paint.


Other more opaque colors were added to the hair and to the cloth to provide some depth, and to achieve some warm/cool color variations.

She is also here:


4 comments:

  1. What kind of fluorescent paints did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow I abosolutely love this piece. You have many wonderful creations but this has got to be one of my all-time favourites. :)

    ReplyDelete