Thursday, August 29, 2013

Lending a free hand...


Everybody's favorite... freehand cloaks!  Oh, and a shield, and some tattoos for good measure :-)


I tried to spend as much time as I could on all the 'preliminary' work, such as the design sketches and such things.

By the way, that is Greek for The Painting Pyramid.


Time to see what this will look like in color!


So, a color sketch to better work out the design, and plan ahead.


It is really handy to have a guide like this right next to the piece you will be working on.  Cathy gave me the idea for that!


Time to lay out the design on the cloak...


And the back as well.


Lettering!  My favorite, since I am a 'closet calligrapher'.  At least that is what I have been told.


The design quickly shaded...


And then placed on the base.


Don't forget the shield!


I got your back!


A box from Germany made the Taters think that a new spaceship had arrived.


8 comments:

  1. WOW !
    Absolutely breath taking. How many miniatures do you plan to paint this way?

    Cheers
    Stefan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This figure was painted for an instructional video on freehand. If I do get a hold of some of the War Gods of Olympus Spartans... it could be a whole lot! :-)

      Delete
  2. I WANT YOUR VIDS! When they coming out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably late October is when they would be available to the general public...

      Delete
  3. Impressive how you could paint this small things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks! A magnifier light is always very helpful. I have used mine for many years...

      Delete
  4. Amazing Work! Bravissimo!

    stefano

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words, and for checking out the blog!

      Delete