Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Ranger Rick will guide you


Sometimes, when just about everything is frustrating the heck out of you, it is necessary to go off the reservation.  Since I had set aside a bunch of the Reaper Bones figs for Zombicide, there was a ready made project that would be quite different from everything else.

I got the idea after seeing Rich's very cool character that he created for Zombicide:


I quickly sketched out what Ranger Rick's abilities might be.  The miniature was already selected!


Guillotene Games has all sorts of great resources for you to download... scenarios, cards, and player sheets!  Using one of the player sheets that I downloaded, I did some machinations in photoshop and voila!


While watching the last of the All Star game at the end of a very very long day, I painted up the miniature.  So if Zombies ever find their way into the National Parks, consider them defended!


9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! Cathy has a character in the works as well!!

      Delete
  2. You can download the sheet, but if you are using photoshop you will have to import it. It also ends up as a CMYK, so I had to switch modes as well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see this is one of the reaper miniatures bones figures, I have this one as well. How did you find painting bones miniatures? How did you deal with the bent parts? Any tips?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bent parts mostly stay bent. It's something that you just have to accept with the Bones, but then I also take advantage of their indestructible nature :-)

      Delete
    2. I heard that putting them in boiling water can help reset those parts, I mean, I can't live with droopy swords. I guess the alternative if all else fails is to remove the swords and add others

      Delete
    3. Unlike resin, these tend to "bounce back" over time. But, they are definitely not fragile! :-)

      Delete
    4. Well that's disheartening, hard to explain my giant's curved sword.

      Delete
    5. That's just part of the trade off...

      Delete