It is now day two of the tournament, and we are about to head out the door. Before that, I wanted to do a post about the flocking of the display board.
By the time I got to this stage I was becoming painfully aware of the passage of time. I still had an additional stage left after this, and this would have to dry for at least a little while before I could get to it. So, out came the wood glue and the flock!
You can see that I have my two types of flock. A fine mix and a coarse. First, I applied the wood glue to all the cracks and crevices.
The fine mix and some static grass are applied over that glue.
The same technique is used on the island watchtower. Using the flock in this way saved my the time of painting and weathering all those cracks. I will still go back and refine all these areas later!
For now, however, this will have to do!
You can see that I advanced upwards from one level to the next, just as I did with the sand and gravel.
Here we have piles of flock everywhere!
Getting the extra stuff off the board is a very messy process, and one that could be a bit hazardous for your lungs if you are not careful. The fine flock, in particular, is nasty.
I had some newspapers spread out on the floor. The board was tilted on its side, and I tapped and shook the board so as much stuff as possible came off. You can see this very dramatically on the tile areas...
Well, this meant one more stage remained. Water! Stay tuned...