Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Ready, aim fire! Orc archers for Gronde


This was my last step before the final assembly.  I thought it was very neat in the Return of the King movie to have the orc archers firing back up at the walls of Minas Tirith.  I also had a handful of metal orc archers.  Of course, this would be much easier today with the plastic variety!

Normally I would have done my NMM on these, but with all the metallics used on the warmachine, it only made sense to carry that through on the archers as well.


I had to carefully pin them to the apex of each horizontal beam, and hope that the scale matched the way I anticipated it would.  From the images I had, they were very very close!


This is what it looked like before I attached Grond!





2 comments:

  1. Jim that came out great. I think the metal orcs are MUCH better looking than the plastics. Rich

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you imagine what sort of cinematic fights we could have had if this was still around? Man. :-)

      Delete