Sunday, October 21, 2012

Painting the Guard Tower diorama



Here we go!  I am pretty sure that most of you have already seen the images of the unpainted guard tower.  For those who have not, this diorama was made entirely from sculpey.  Most of the textures were carved in after it had been baked.  

Now, however, it is time for some images of the painting!


Painting this proved to be almost as difficult as sculpting it.  It was not easy to reach many of the areas, and it was so heavy, I could not maneuver it very easily to get at the nooks and crannies.


I always liked the look of the castles that had the lighter colored "trim" stones.  I also tried to make the flagstones on the roof many different shades.



Basic flock was used to get some mossy feel to the walls and the rocks.






I will be doing one more post that has some more pictures of the guard tower, and the miniatures as well.  Stay tuned!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment