Friday, September 21, 2012

Inside a blood bowl stadium

Photobucket

Seeing the pictures of the Shadowforge team made me think of the blood bowl stadium I made for our own league.  This was a very fun project, and we used it for years!

Here are a few overall views:
Photobucket

Photobucket

The primary material was pink foam.  This was back in the day when they used to sell thin sheets of it that were the same thickness as foam core.  The think sheets were great, as you could make very thin, more portable single boards as well.  You could even bend it to make curves!

Photobucket

A slightly bigger image:
Photobucket

The dugouts were my favorite parts!  I had a blast filling them with all sorts of potion bottles, chalkboards, coffins, etc.

Photobucket

The 3D dugouts are still a lot of fun to use to this day.  Way more fun than the cardboard sheets of a typical board!

Photobucket

The Shadowforge orcs made a perfect team for this photo shoot!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here we have an action shot on the field...
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Very cool stadium indeed! I especially like the dugouts - they're really cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love making blood bowl stadiums!!!! Thanks for visiting the blog!

      Delete
    2. This stadium has really inspired me to create my own and later today I'm off to the premium hobby/modelling store i Denmark to see what I can find there to get me started. How did you create the brick walls in the dugouts - foam, plaster or something else?

      Delete
    3. Great! I am sure it will be amazing! For the interior wall, I used a variety of pink insulation foam that is very thin. Unfortunately, you can't get that any more. It might still be possible to shave down thicker pink foam to get that size...

      Delete