Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Elven Sentry Post... Step by Step stage TWO

Photobucket

I guess it's time for part two, the final sculpting phase for the Sentry post!

The next element to build is the watch towers.  You can see the wire armatures again, and the various types of sculpey.  The hardest and most resilient sculpey was used on the most delicate parts.  The pink super sculpey was good for the rooftops.

Photobucket

Once these were baked, I filed down some of the burrs that developed when I was sculpting the roof textures.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Once these were baked and cleaned up, it was time to get them in place on the tree!

Photobucket

I also made sure to go after any burrs on the tree, since the sculpting method was very similar to the one I used on the roofs.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

For tomorrow, I will post the images of painting the tree and the figures that went with this!

No comments:

Post a Comment