This was my very first scratch sculpt made from green stuff.
Prior to this piece, I had sculpted the occasional Blood Bowl big guy from sculpey. It would certainly be so much easier to do today, knowing everything I have learned over the last 10 years! Even knowing that you can vary your mixture between yellow and blue to make it harder or softer would have helped a great deal.
Using a more yellow heavy mix makes doing tiny facial details and hair much easier. I did that a lot on the recent projects such as the Ghost Knights and the Death Cult Assassin conversions.
I made this pose as simple as I could, since I also hoped to experiment with casting. This paint job was the first cast which I made (sorry about the rough picture... it was awhile ago!) :-)
Later, I painted another version, trying to use some different colors in more of a Fantasy style.
In this version, I experimented by using a small mirror which I had purchased from a craft store. I thought it would be neat to see something that could actually reflect the miniature from any angle!
Finally, there is this 'official" version that I painted around the same time that I did my sculpt. When I did my own, I was really trying to focus on the face. I am a portrait artist by training, so I wanted to see what I could do with my tools!