Thursday, May 24, 2012

My first diorama...

Long ago in a painting studio far far away (ok, it's actually the exact same spot), I set out to make my first diorama.  I had this female archer figure (from Spyglass at the time), and I wanted to do something more that just put it on a regular base with com branches or rocks.

I got some sculpey, and created the tree.  It seemed to need something else, so I also sculpted the little bird :-)  This piece was probably done in 2003.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. The bird was an excellent addition. It really balances the model out. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad that it didn't look to silly! It was such a big deal at the time to make something like that. Now that is something that I add to stuff all the time.

      Very cool dwarves, BTW!
      Cheers

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous! I want to see what kind of Bloodbowl Treemen you could sculpt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :-) I think you might be able to find a sculpted treeman or two in amongst my blood bowl posts...

      Delete