Tuesday, May 1, 2012

72mm large scale Chaos Mounted Hero from CoolMini

I don't get the chance to paint figures that are larger than 30mm scale very often, and certainly 72mm figures such as this are even more rare.  In fact, this is one of two that I can think of off hand.

This larger scale provided some excellent canvas for loads of Chaosy freehand!  I tried to have something from all four chaos gods on this piece.  The Tzeentch designs are mostly marking on the horse's body, and the terrain elements that I sculpted.

This big guy is also on CMON, so give Wappelville a hand and please vote on him!
http://www.coolminiornot.com/304851

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here are a few WIP images, the first of which gives you an idea of how the base was sculpted (with Apoxy sculpt and green stuff).

Photobucket

Photobucket

And I have some shots that I took before I did most of the darker shading, tinting and freehand:
Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. James, where is that figure from? I must get it for a mate of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be able to get it in the Coolminiornot shop, unless it was a special edition figure. I don't believe it was. It is resin, obviously, and it was a decent quality of cast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im big fan of chaos but I dont like this model. However you paint it epic. Base is also wonderful.

    ReplyDelete