Monday, April 30, 2012

Sculpted sandbag and marble bases

Here are a few more base designs for you.

The sandbag bases were especially new and fun to create!  I used Apoxy sculpt, brown stuff, and a variety of plasticard sheets and polystyrene tubing.  The ammo strips were the biggest pain to make.  I tried to come up with binoculars that were somewhat interesting.

The few of these available to me have been put to good use on a variety of projects, several of which I have posted here to the blog.  I really want the bases to tell a story all by themselves.

The marble bases have been referred to by others as our "signature" bases, so I thought I would put in a set here.  As usual, it is sheets of sculpey that have been baked and carved.  Marble is always a blast to paint, no matter what color it is :-)

Hopefully those of you who have been checking out the blog frequently are finding these little tidbits on bases useful!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I really love your bases - amazing work! When you attach you models to the base, do you drill holes and pin each foot individually? I'm curious how you get all your models onto these great bases.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yes, all the miniatures are pinned to the bases. This secures them very well to the bases, and allows me to paint the figure on a dowel rod, which is so much easier!

    Also, I don't risk messing up the base as I paint the figure :-)

    ReplyDelete