Sunday, April 29, 2012

Custom built Custodes, Gallery #1

This will be the first of two set of images showing a squad of custom built Costodes which I painted.  Ever since I got the giant Horus Heresy in pictures book a few years ago, I thought custodes would be a very fun project!!

The metals posed a big challenge, with so much darn gold!  I tired to keep certain areas very war, and place the deepent, warmest colors next to each other to create that 'pop'.  I also had to sculpt numerous purity seals on the halberds.

Here we go:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. DO you have any photos of these unpainted?

    ~Chad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry! I looked around, there are no images of them unpainted...I very rarely do that anyway.

      Delete
    2. No worries, I was just curious about what bits were used and what was sculpted. Anyway, great job on them, and thanks for all the posts on the blog.

      ~Chad

      Delete
    3. I wil try to find out who actualy made those. There are so many of the resin casting guys floating around out there... :-)

      Delete