Saturday, March 3, 2012

Converting Celtos minis into a Norse Blood Bowl team

Here is a team I did several years ago using Celtos Gael figures as a base.  It is not always the easiest prospect to convert metal minis in this way, especially when one does not have a razor saw!

But, I was able to hack and file away at parts to recreate them into a Norse team, replete with runners, blitzers, ulfwerners, coaching staff, etc.

I have another batch of images which I will post tomorrow showing the rest of the team, including the use of some Crocodile Games miniatures

Here we go:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

A WIP giving you an idea of what was done prior to painting:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is one of those Crocodile Games minis.  They are very nice sculpts!
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Nice to see some of the conversion work with these, the behind the scenes pics.

    Great paintwork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I always end up wishing I had more WIP images. Sometimes the process is so involved I either forget or it is not practical to do so at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely fantastic work! I would also like to thank you. I wish to build a Norse team but don't like the figs available. In my minds eye they are like wild Highlanders so I dearly wanted figs with kilts. Now I know where to get the bonnie lads. That someone else had the same "vision" is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete