Thursday, February 9, 2012

Storm of Magic cockatrice

I painted this mini for a contest last summer, not long after the miniature was released.  I attempted to give it as much of a lizardman theme as I could, especially with the base.  I did a lot of searching around on the web for cockatrice images, and was led to many Mayan sites.

There were some that had a more muted set of colors, but the majority had the wild scheme that you see here.  Besides, it did fit my very colorful army quite well!

Now for the images:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It was not always easy to get all of the transitions to go as desired, given the extreme contrast of the colors.  The mini was a fun challenge, however!

2 comments:

  1. have you paint with an airbrush ????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I don't use an airbrush... just regular paintbrushes :-)

      Delete