Thursday, February 23, 2012

Spirit of Warhammer orc boar rider

I believe I painted this boar rider in 2009.  I know it was the same year as the 25th anniversary of Warhammer, when they came out with the special edition of the rulebook.  There was a bit of conversion, but I don't know what the original min was supposed to look like to say exactly how much!

At Games Day that year, they had a "Spirit of Warhammer " prize for a miniature that best fit this description.  The boar rider was chosen for that, and I was given a copy of the big 25th anniversary WFB rulebook.

Here he is:
Photobucket

Photobucket

I painted this Grimgore around the same time.  I had 2 different bases for him, one for WFB and another for RPG use.

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. That Grimgor model is fantastic.

    I take it there are magnets in the rock at his feet to make the bases interchangeable?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! There are two pins (paper clips) in the feet that let you pull it off of one base or the other.

      Delete